Monday, June 30, 2008

Trip to Beijing and the Great Wall



The "Bird's Nest"Olympic Stadium 奥运鸟巢馆


Olympic Village 奥运选手村


1994, I spent three days in Beijing with my family. However, this city has changed so much that I hardly can recognize it. Just imagine a humongous city, which needs 6 beltways to regulate its traffic. This year, of course, all the emphases is focus on the Olympics.
The local people said that Chinese government has put in enormous amount of money to make all the cities, which host Olympic games in August, a face lift. I am glad that although I won't be able to attend any Olympic game, I witnessed the effort how China has tried to show its best side to the world.






Our students also visited the traditional tourist site, such as Tiananmen Square (天安门广场), Mao Mausoleum (毛泽东纪念馆), the Forbidden City (故宫、紫禁城), and the Summer Palace (颐和园) 。
The Structure of the Forbidden City impressed our students enormously
故宫建筑让我的学生叹为观止

A Dragon Turtle in the Forbidden City 故宫里的龙龟
The Mao Mausoleum 毛泽东纪念馆


The Summer Garden 颐和园的神牛
Tiananmen Square 天安门广场

No comments: